Monday, 21 December 2009

Soundtrack

After a long wait I did manage to find someone to do my soundtrack but unfortunately due to errors, I did not get my soundtrack. So the day before my film was due I got someone esle to do my soundtrack, fortunately I only needed two short scenes with music, the drinking one at the beginning and the end shot. Sam White another media student recorded them for me on his guitar. I gave him my blog address and he watched the rough cut on my blog. For the drinking scene I asked for something more up tempo but still trying to reflect a weird, drunken state of mind. For the end shot I asked for something similar to Bon Iver's 'Woods' which is not a very well-known song but is a song they used on a skins episode, series three.




Soundtracks are very important in films, in horror films for example they are used to help build up tension which helps create a reaction from the audience. It can also help reflect the mood of the film, for example in the short film 'Mascara' by Selina Steward, where the slightly comical, up tempo soundtrack fits into the face and editting of the film. The right music can make a film, such as in the short film 'The state we're in' which uses non-diegetic music all the way through the film. The characters actions and movements are in sycn with the music, the camera angle work around the music.
In my film I used a soundtrack to help reflect my characters mood which I think it does achieve, espically in the end scenes, as the mellow somber music helps reflect her despair and acknowledgement of her situation.

1 comment:

  1. embed content such as this ratrher than offering a link, and also make sure your blog is more visually arresting and attractive
    you've said nothing about the use of soundtracks in existing media texts

    ReplyDelete